Sunday, May 3, 2009

Banana Cake


I use one 8 inch and 7 inch cake tins,



This afternoon, I went for a baking class . The instructor taught us Banana Cake & Crispy Oat Cookies.

In the Banana Cake recipe, it uses baking soda. I was told to avoid this baking product because it is not healthy but I do not know the reason even up to now.

But the instructor mentioned about good thing about this ,in this Banana Cake recipe, he mentioned that banana is heavy and wet , therefore this cake recipe needs baking soda to hold the cake and to make the cake soft.

Anyway, as long as I eat moderate and do some execrise , it doesn't bother me.

Banana Cake

5 Eggs (60g & above)
270g Sugar
400g ripe banana
300g Plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
200g corn oil
1/4 tsp banana essence

Method:

  • Preheat the oven at 160.

  • Grease and line a deep 10inch square with baking paper.

  • whisk eggs, sugar, banana & banana essence for 15mins at maximum speed until stiff ( instructor uses Kenwood mixer)

  • Add sifted flour, baking powder & baking soda and fold well. (add in few batches)

  • Add in corn oil and mix well.

  • Pour into baking tin and bake for 40 to 50 mins.

Useful tips:

  1. If the cake batter under beat, it will turn out watery and cake will turn out hard.

  2. If the cake batter over beat, the cake will turns out dry & rough.

I will put up the photo when I bake this myself.

No comments: