Sunday, May 17, 2009

Butter cookies





I did some cookies with my daughter on sunday afternoon. The recipe that I have taste very good but it is difficult to mold the shape because the dough will stick on the table. Some of my cookies is out of shape.
I also left some dough in the fridge for a while before cutting. It was much better but also stick , maybe next time I will try to keep in the fridge for a least 30 mins or more.


Butter Cookies

250g hard butter
80g sugar
400g plain flour or top flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g ground almond (toast for 10 mins @ 160)
1 egg (65g to 70g)

Method
1. Cream hard butter( slices) and sugar with low speed first , mix well. Then increase the speed to medium.(15 mins) . Cream till pale white and add in egg. ( I am using kenwood mixer)

2. While the mixer is working, pre heat your oven to 180 for 15 mins.

3. Grease your baking tray with butter or shortening.

4. When 15 mins is up, add in flour and ground almond using low speed and knead well.

5. Put the dough in the fridge for 30 mins before you cut .

No comments: