Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Snow Skin Moon Cake


I made these last night till 1 am. It was my 1st tried & I made a slight mistake . I forgot to dust with fried glutinous rice flour as I rolled the dough , no wonder the dough was so oily as i wrapped the durian lotus paste .
Ingredients A
150ml cold water
1 tsp pandan paste
Filling
1/2kg lotus paste
Ingredients B
150g Fried glutinous rice flour
100g Icing sugar, sieve
100g Snow icing sugar
100g shortening fat (Crisco brand)
Methods
1. Place rice flour, icing suagr, snow icing sugar and shortening fat into a bowl and mix well. ( I use my kenwood K beater)
2. Add in the cold water and pandan paste and mix into a soft dough. Rest for 10 mins.
3. Dust working area with fried glutinous rice flour and cut dough into the required size and flatten. (my dough is 25g and my paste is also 25g)
4. Fill in the lotus pasted and place into moon cake mould and press firmly. Knock cakes out from the mould and serve chilled.

No comments: